Here’s a potential jolt to urbanites: Some big cities, particularly those located in hot and humid environments, actually birth more thunderstorms than surrounding rural areas. The conclusion is one of…
Tagged: Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society
Search the Newsroom
- Large Freshman Class, Strong Retention Lift NIU Enrollment September 8, 2020
- NIU Announces 2020 Forward, Together Forward Scholarship Recipients February 14, 2020
- Gov. Pritzker releases funding for new NIU research center February 12, 2020
- Are Women Being Penalized for Being “Too” Confident in the Workplace?
- U.S. Supreme Court upholds Arizona election regulations
- NIU law professor weighs in on Cosby's overturned conviction
- Cheerleader’s profanity-laced Snapchat case wins in Supreme Court
- Is civility a casualty of COVID?
- When Bill Gates predicted the future, claimed robots could be levied with income tax
- SEC’s efforts to rein in Elon Musk’s tweets have been largely toothless
- Dean of NIU College of Education talks teacher shortage with WGN
- A Year After George Floyd’s Killing, White Support for Black Lives Matter Fades