The largest U.S. treatment setting for people with serious mental illness isn’t the country’s network of hospitals, as you might expect. Rather, it’s the prison and jail system, according to…
Search the Newsroom
- Large Freshman Class, Strong Retention Lift NIU Enrollment September 8, 2020
- NIU Announces 2020 Forward, Together Forward Scholarship Recipients February 14, 2020
- Gov. Pritzker releases funding for new NIU research center February 12, 2020
- Are Women Being Penalized for Being “Too” Confident in the Workplace?
- U.S. Supreme Court upholds Arizona election regulations
- NIU law professor weighs in on Cosby's overturned conviction
- Cheerleader’s profanity-laced Snapchat case wins in Supreme Court
- Is civility a casualty of COVID?
- When Bill Gates predicted the future, claimed robots could be levied with income tax
- SEC’s efforts to rein in Elon Musk’s tweets have been largely toothless
- Dean of NIU College of Education talks teacher shortage with WGN
- Sepper on Texas abortion law, Greenfield on the Supreme Court conservative majority, Fox on Shell climate ruling, Honig on new book, and much more
- A Year After George Floyd’s Killing, White Support for Black Lives Matter Fades