Last week, more than 2,800 students graduated from Northern Illinois University, and each and every…
The sun is out, the trees are blooming, people are talking about their summer plans... you are thisclose to the semester's end. You just have to get through finals.
And while important tests can bring about stress, students might take some measure of comfort in knowing that their professors were once students themselves. So last semester we asked a few of our faculty to offer advice about dealing with finals. In the video above they share their tips.
There are several de-stressing activities happening around campus too. From pet therapy to coloring to meditation, here are links to some events to check out:
- May 4, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: De-Stress Fest: Yoga, games, free chair massages, and play time with huskies dogs (outside); Pick Museum of Anthropology
- May 9, 4-7 p.m. Don't Stress the Test: Event for honors students includes food and games, all with a beach theme at the Campus Life Building
- May 9, 6 p.m.: De-Stress Fest: Chair massages, therapy dogs, coloring, food for NIU's first-generation students, Stevenson North
- May 9-13: Coloring to Calm, first floor of the Founders Memorial Library during library hours 7:30 a.m. to midnight.
- May 10 & 11: Newfoundlands Gladus and Shurlee will be in the Founders Memorial Library, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday and 6-7:30 Wednesday.